AGE of Central Texas tackles the challenges of aging with expert, compassionate solutions to make aging a journey of triumph. We are dedicated to older adults and those who care for them and most of who we serve has a form of dementia or Alzheimer's. Drawn from the words of our founders, Bert Kruger Smith and Willie Kocurek, "our vision is to make aging a shared journey".
AGE has six key programs aimed at enhancing the health and well-being of older adults and their caregivers:
• Adult Day Health Centers (ADHCs): daytime care for adults with physical needs or mental loss
• CaregiverU: free classes and information on topics important to caregivers
• Health Equipment Lending Program (HELP): free, no-time-limit loans on durable medical equipment and incontinence products
• Memory Connections: free weekly meetings with activities and support groups for adults with an early memory loss diagnosis
• AGE Computer Lab: technology classes for older adults, by older adults
• Caregiver Resource Center: one-stop shop for caregiver resources, support, and consultation