The YMCA of Austin is working towards a better us.
We know that when we work together, we move individuals, families and communities forward. The Y responds to society's most pressing needs by developing innovative, community-based solutions to help those in need to reach their full potential. We are also committed to inspiring a spirit of service by uniting individuals from all walks of life to participate in and work for positive social change. The Y.™ For a better us.
- We provided more than $2.6 million in financial assistance to enable more than 37,000 deserving neighbors benefit from Y programs and memberships.
- The YMCA of Austin helped 173 people on their journey to move beyond cancer through through the free LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program, which the YMCA funds and manages.
- Through Camp in Motion, a partnership with Dell Children's Medical Center and 200 volunteers, we offered 4 weeks of camp for 80 children with mild to moderate Cerebral Palsy.
- We expanded our Special Needs Adaptive Programming (SNAP) by partnering with the Autism Society and CPATH providing various activities such as swimming, recreation and free afternoon care for children with different abilities. And we grew our Y programming to offer SNAP Aquatics, SNAP Dance and SNAP Gymnastics programs, serving almost 100 individuals and counting.
-Between Afterschool and Early Learning Readiness Programs, we've served over 4,000 children in the Greater-Austin area this year. 1 in 5 elementary school students in Y Afterschool program benefit from financial assistance, providing a safe, educational experience during out-of-school time.
- 10,000 young athletes learned teamwork, sportsmanship and healthy habits through Youth Sports, Gymnastics, Dance and Martial Arts programs.
- 200 area students participated in YMCA Youth and Government Conferences, helping to build our community's future leaders.
- More than 2,000-area kids learned to swim and be safe in the water this year through our free YMCA Project S.A.F.E. program, gaining lifelong and lifesaving skills.
Impact StatementEach year during our Annual Giving Campaign, over 4,000 members of our community donate to the YMCA of Austin to ensure that everyone, regardless of age, gender, race, faith, ability, income or background is given the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. We are truly a place where one can be, belong and become. Donations to the YMCA of Austin give the gift of the Y experience to those who need it most.
Needs StatementGive the gift of the Y experience:
$50 - equips one student with lifesaving water safety skills
$80 - empowers a family through one month of Y experience and resources
$150 - gives one child a week of memorable summer camp experiences
$200 - provides on student with a month of enriching afterschool activities
$250 - sends a future leader to the Y's Youth and Government conferences
$500 - sponsors a team of tiny champions for one season of youth sports
$1,000 - teaches a class of first grade students how to swim through Y Project S.A.F.E.
"The Y has helped me and my family connect to the community. Through participation in youth activities, our children have learned skills and developed confidence. It has encouraged us to focus on the importance of wellness." - Youth Sports Parent
"The best part is that you see so many smiles, so much joy from the kids. What I saw from my daughter in that experience was amazing. She came home saying she played tennis for the first time and got to do yoga and scored soccer goals. Her self-confidence was raised so much." - Camp in Motion Parent
"I am very thankful for the program. I want to applaud the teachers on their ability to be patient with the children. If a child was having a bad day, they were able to talk with them and solve the issue." - Early Learning Readiness Parent
"The LIVESTRONG program had the best facilitation and leadership. Bernadette and Carla didn't ignore my cancer, but they didn't make too big a deal of it. By the end of the program, I felt like a normal person going to the gym again." - Suzanne P., LIVESTRONG at the YMCA Participant
"Participating in Texas YG improved my confidence, encouraged me to think critically, and provided me with the necessary skills to articulate my viewpoint on specific issues. It benefited me throughout my time in college and ultimately drove me toward a government-based career." - Former Youth and Government Participant
St. David's Foundation has offered a $1M matching grant to be distributed among their nonprofit Grant Partners on Amplify Austin Day. St. David's Foundation's 2018 Grant Partners will receive funds on a pro-rata basis. Each nonprofit will receive matching funds based on their total funds raised on Amplify Austin Day. Last year, this match resulted in a 30% boost to the funds raised by Grant Partners on the Day.
The driving force behind the Annual Giving Campaign is our community of dedicated staff and volunteers helping to share the mission of the Y. These supporters and volunteers are called the Cause Squad.
Being a part of the Cause Squad is easy:
- Grow: recruit, donate & fundraise
- Share: help us spread the word
- Do: volunteer your time and talents